If you have hair where you don’t want hair, let Louise Gray take care of you! We can help remove unwanted hair with electrolysis or waxing treatments, and keep you looking your best.
It is important to choose a beauty therapist qualified in electrolysis treatment – as incorrect treatment can result in pain, swelling, and prolonged skin irritation. At Louise Gray Skincare, all our staff are internationally qualified to perform electrolysis. Come along to our Mission Bay clinic and let us take care of your skin!
Benefits of Electrolysis
- Can dramatically reduce or eliminate hair growth in certain areas.
- Effectively treats all hair colours and types.
- Hair that does grow back will be finer and grow back more slowly.
- Ideal for treating facial – and other unwanted – hair.
How does Electrolysis work?
Electrolysis uses a tiny probe to pass an electrical current through the hair follicle. This current creates a chemical reaction that destroys the cells at the root of the hair, and voila! – the hair falls out.
Because each individual hair needs to be treated individually, electrolysis is best suited for smaller areas, such as on the upper lip, chin, eyebrows, stomach, or around the areola.
What is involved in Electrolysis treatment?
Electrolysis treatment can last anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Some of our patients report no pain or discomfort at all, while others describe a stinging or pricking sensation.
Because hairs grow at different rates, you’ll need to come back for additional treatments to target hairs at different growth stages. Your treatment schedule will be tailored for your situation during your initial consultation.
Following treatment you might see raised skin and redness in the area – it might look a little like an insect bite. But this should clear up within the day. After electrolysis treatment you should avoid swimming, sunbathing, wearing cosmetics or perfume over the treated areas for 24 hours.
Initial consultation and treatment
Waxing is an ancient method of hair removal, used by both men and women in Ancient Egpyt to keep their skin radiant and hairless. Isn’t it time you threw away those razors and experienced the convenience and long-lasting effects of waxing?
It’s important to choose a trained beauty therapist to perform waxing – improper technique can cause discomfort, pain and prolonged skin irritation. All staff at Louise Gray Skincare are trained professionals who will help make you feel comfortable during your waxing session.
Benefits of Waxing
- Time saver – no more shaving your legs in the morning.
- Low maintenance – a wax every four weeks and you’re done!
- Ideal for treating large areas, such as legs or back.
- Accident proof – you won’t cut yourself with wax!
- Rejuvenating – waxing also exfoliates the skin.
- With regular treatments, hair grows back more slowly, and is finer.